Holy Lama Naturals
Concentrated extracts of herbs and spices to use in cooking, baking, beverages (tea, coffee, cocktails), marinades, chocolates and more. Family business employing marginalised women in local community in Kerala, India.
Spice Drops are liquid spices, a convenient and better tasting alternative to dry herbs and spices: exceptionally versatile for use in a wide variety of food and drinks!
Recently, we were featured in the Delicious magazine Christmas wishlist and the Mail on Sunday and we have received consistently enthusiastic testimonials from top UK chefs and food bloggers. Our products are produced at a factory which is part of our family business in Kerala, established over 70 years ago. The factory is a government recognised women’s enterprise and we are member of the British association for fair trade shops and suppliers.
In March 2014 we were one of the five finalists in Ocado’s ‘Britain’s next top supplier’ competition. We continue to be listed and our products have received great reviews.
Based on our market research we know that people use them extensively in:
- Baking (cakes, biscuits, icing) puddings and desserts;
- Flavouring hot beverages (e.g. chai tea, cinnamon coffee, ginger hot chocolate), cocktails and mocktails;
- Spicing up marinades, soups, dips and sauces; and
- Flavouring cereals, smoothies, yogurts, etc.
We have yet to discover anything similar in stores that is as convenient, reliable and versatile which also caters for dietary requirements and is ethically made.
Recipes and Food Inspiration
- IFE the international food & drink event (Trade)
19th 22nd March 2017
- IFE World Food Innovation Award 2015 – Winner
- Ocado Top Supplier 2014 – Finalist